Thursday 16 June 2011

[Game Update: #LANoire - Did I just send somebody innocent to Jail?]

GAMES PLAYED: #LANoire

BLOG UPDATE:
Thanks to #Henry and @Kimbled working together in perfect harmony we've been managing to get baby sleeping from 9pm at night, this means that I've managed to get some quality Xbox time for the first time in a while, which meant attacking #LANoire.

I've just been promoted to the #Homicide Desk, with one successful case under my belt and solved the next case I played the Case of The Golden Butterfly. This case presented me with the first agonising choice of who to convict for the crime...and the first time that I genuinely felt that I may have chosen the wrong suspect...it played out well enough that I still feel kinda bad about the outcome of it now.

#LANoire is a mixed bag of stunning technology used for faces and the recreation of 1940's LA, but also contains some glaring design, story, characterisation, and plotting faults combined with some instances of far far too strict linearity that do their best to undermine the piece of work and product as a whole. But sometimes, just sometimes everything falls neatly into place and works together to produce something incredible and memorable.

The Case of The Golden Butterfly is one of these instances. It revolves around a murdered woman (the similarities in the M.O calling into question your first conviction) and it also gave me a truly agonising decision - a choice of who to finger for the crime.

The Husband; Henry Moller, or a secondary suspect; Eli Rooney, a known pedophile who probably didn't murder the woman, but, as your partner states "should be locked up for something", even if it means pinning a murder he didn't commit...

The evidence is compelling and pointed towards both suspects - footprints and shoe sizes at the crime scene, blood found on items that both the suspects may own, stolen jewellery from the wife found on one of the suspects, and work clothes that bore the initials H.M (which could stand for Henry Moller, or Hennessy Marina where Eli Rooney is supposed to work).

To cut a long story short I fudged parts of both interrogations meaning the both suspects clammed up on me, and facing evidence that didn't specifically point to one suspect or the other I pinned the crime on the Husband (who had acted more guilty up to this point) meaning that in the process I let a pretty shady character back on the streets. The Captain of Homicide berated me for this choice, but at the time I felt I couldn't pin a murder on somebody that my gut told me didn't do it (no matter how despicable there were). And this is the case that keeps coming back to haunt me....







No comments:

Post a Comment